Friday, June 24, 2016

Legs and Bobble heads

Yesterday morning I did my sprints 7 sprints of 200 yards with the last 90 up hill.  I did not make my distance longer than before, but I did shorten my rest by five or seconds.  Did my sprint from the bridge to the top of the trees on the way home for good measure.

After summer school I hit the legs...

Warm up with 3x5 Zercher Squats from the floor. This was more of a way to stretch than anything else. Started with 135 on first two sets and then bumped to 145.

Also warmed up with chain box jumps.  3x5 one log chain jumping on tallest box and a 45lb bumper

Then I got into the meat of the workout.  By the way SS means Supper Set and everything was 3x12

SS Front/Back Squat to KB Box Step Ups ( I used a 35lb KB on step ups.  Squats were front w/155, front w/175, back/195 and chain on each side.)

At this point Ron showed up and did the rest together

SS One leg Dead lift to Harness jumps (55lbs for dead lift and about 12 to 13 jumps)  The jumps were awesome!  Very explosive and quickly tiring workout.

SS lunges to One leg Med Ball Box Jumps (30lb dumbbells and 20lb ball jumping on 3 45lb bumpers, but on the last set I dropped to 14lb ball and added a plate)

SS Glute Bridge on med ball to Harness pulles

I cashed out with Bobble heads and Land mine Russian Twist.  The twist were not two bad but the bobble heads were something new that I am feeling as I sit here.  They are strange because it feels like I have found mussels deep in my core that I did not know I had.  It is not my love handles that I feel, I feel it about two are three inches deeper.

Great work out, I sweat a lot and got stronger today.

No comments:

Post a Comment